Our guests in this episode are Stephen Kaukonen and Thomas Hsu of Accenture, the management and tech consulting firm with over 260,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Thomas is a social collaboration and knowledge management subject matter expert (SME), as well as the certified gamification expert leading Accenture’s Gamification community of practice. Steve is the culture change lead for Accenture’s Social Learning team. They help us unpack the intrinsic and extrinsic motivations specific to enterprise social collaboration, and share lessons learned and results from Accenture’s journey to gamify their own social collaboration capabilities.
- Addo Agnitio Award (A3): The A3 award, named after the Latin words meaning “to give knowledge,” is a quarterly recognition program that rewards Accenture employees who collaborate and share knowledge across the company, such as using discussion forums, blogs, and Knowledge Exchange contributions.
- Value Pursuit Game: Allows Accenture employees to test their knowledge of the Accenture Management Consulting Way. Developed in cooperation with Stanford University, Value Pursuit is played individually or with a team, as participants answer questions and chart their actions to earn “value coins,” which can be cashed in.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- GSummit and Gbase: www.gamification.co
- Enterprise Gamification website and vendor matrix: Enterprise-Gamification.com
- APQC presentation Changing the Game: Driving Adoption Through Gamification
Connect with Steve:
Connect with Thomas:
To stay up on the latest news and trends in employee gamification, join the Game Changer group on LinkedIn.
If you like our show, please rate us on iTunes. That makes a huge difference in helping more people discover it. We love to know your thoughts about this episode. Please submit your comments below! You can also email comments to Jesse at [email protected], subscribe to him on Facebook, or follow him on Twitter.
For the transcript of this episode: The Game of Knowledge | with Stephen Kaukonen & Thomas Hsu of Accenture